Re: firefox52 core dump on RPI2 NetBSD9.1

On 19.11.2020 16:12, Mayuresh wrote:
On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 03:32:20PM +0100, Bodie wrote:
I do not know internals, but building those packages takes a lot of time on these platforms or somewhere in the chain wrong toolchain version was
used so everything is possible.

Or because earm, earmv6hf and evbarm does not have any Firefox at all
then maybe someone just forgot to remove it from infrastructure for
building on earmv7hf ;-)

In my last stint of usage of NetBSD on Pi I used to use pkgsrc for
everything notwithstanding time it used to take. Having done it for long I
feel fatigued about restarting it and hence was looking forward to use
binary.

Yes, compiling should be only for developers or when you are looking for a problem. But again, not enough resources here I suppose (even those Joyent
mirrors are broken - tried 2 days ago)

Anyway, will probably try building on qemu. It will be even slower, but I
can at least leave it running on a server.

actually I am gonna try it on my Orange Pi One, but that will take forever for sure. At least it will be good to know how much time it takes to build such old binary blob :-) Unless that board will not end in flames of course

I still wish to know whether strtab errors are necessarily from the
pkg layer or is something in the base wrong - and in turn armv7.img is
faulty.

I am just noticing the lightening symbol on the screen also. At 8/8.99
stage there was a fix to this by copying some firmware files and it had
worked for me. This was supposed to be fixed in 9 but is still lurking
there - another reason I wonder whether something went wrong with the
image.

Plus you will have Bluetooth supported there :-)
Yes, read about that. But I do not have a use case. On board Wifi will be greater a motivation to switch to current. I read it has reached a stage where it is established that it 'can work'. Hopefully by 10 it will be in.