Re: How to install KDE on NetBSD?

I did find that xset, xsetroot and xprop are used by kstart so I installed them as well.

I becomig convinced that the problem is that there is config limt on the number of open files.
Either as a whole system limit or as a per process limit.

I tried:

sysctl -w proc.curproc.rlimit.descriptors.hard=100000

and added to the start of startkde:

ulimit -n 10000

KDE seems to get further but its still not getting to a working desktop.
I'm not seeing the too many open files in .xsession-errors like I was.

I am seeing errors like this:

vmnetbsd# more .xsession-errors
.xsession-errors: Too many open files in system

When you are running KDE you must be doing some config to up the open file limits I'm assuming.

What are you configuring and where?

Barry