Re: Use network printer from NetBSD

https://support.brother.com/g/s/id/htmldoc/mfc/cv_mfc9120cn/us/html/sug/chapter1_5_3.html
Printer Emulation Support

Setting the Emulation mode

1
(MFC-9120CN and MFC-9320CW) Press Menu, 4, 1.
(MFC-9010CN) Press Menu, 3, 1.
2	Press  or  to choose Auto, HP LaserJet or BR-Script 3. Press OK.
3	Press Stop/Exit.

*** Note ***
We recommend that you set the emulation setting with your application software
or network server. If the setting does not work properly, choose the required
emulation mode manually using the control panel buttons of the machine.

Maybe look at the CUPS source for a BR_Script driver? See what they
are doing to set the emulation language? If I set the default
emulation for my printer to Auto, it apparently selects HPLaserJet.
:-/