Re: pkgsrc build server

Dima Veselov <kab00m%lich.phys.spbu.ru@localhost> writes:

> Sometimes we need to compile a package with lot of
> dependencies, let's say to use it on NetBSD VM. On one hand VM
>  is limited in memory, CPU and especially disk space, on other
> hand we aren't rich enough to have separate server for pkgsrc
> builds.

a plausible sceenario

> Is there an opportunity to build a package with dependencies
> on production server without installing all dependencies?
> Maybe we can deploy NetBSD dist into a directory and build
> pkgsrc in chroot environment or there is more smooth
> way to do that?

I don't understand what you want.

If you are short on disk space, but want a package installed, then you
can build it, and dependencies will get built and installed.  You need
the dependencies installed to run anyway.

If you want to avoid intalling things, you can run pbulk, but this will
use more space, but with better isolation.

If your concern is space from build-time dependencies not needed at
runtime, then you can uninstall them afterwards.