Re: does anyone have a working mozilla firefox-74.0 on 9.0 amd64?

On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 at 13:15, Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> The current trend of moving native desktop applications to cloud and
> web browsers, simply frustrates and infuriates me. Yes you could build
> a house out of Weetabix, but that doesn't mean that you should.

This trend started more than 10 years ago. Most people I know don't
even use desktop applications; they use mobile apps.

Incidentally, I use a FF on Debian, the plain vanilla binary from
ftp.mozilla.org, and I don't even have proper 3D rendering and
hardware acceleration.  Chromium (binary from Debian) is marginally
better.

--
Ottavio Caruso