Re: does anyone have a working mozilla firefox-74.0 on 9.0 amd64?

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 9:32 AM Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2020 at 13:15, Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > The current trend of moving native desktop applications to cloud and
> > web browsers, simply frustrates and infuriates me. Yes you could build
> > a house out of Weetabix, but that doesn't mean that you should.
>
> This trend started more than 10 years ago. Most people I know don't
> even use desktop applications; they use mobile apps.

Yeah, it started a long time ago. Back in the early 2000's I was
tasked with moving desktop applications to web-based applications. The
reason the organization adopted the policy was, write once (html), run
everywhere (os'es and browsers). The organization was a nuclear
institute with a lot of scientific data and policy making data.

Jeff