Re: Installing debian packages on netbsd?

from Greg Troxel:

> Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost> writes:

> > Is /compat/linux a symlink to /emul/linux? I'm confused about where
> > the rootfs should be unpacked.

> No, it's just me typing from memory and getting it wrong.

Easy to make such a mistake.  FreeBSD uses /compat/linux rather than /emul/linux .

My question now is whether you can take the desired Linux installation or rootfs and

mount_null /linux-rootfs /emul/linux (using the actual directory/path rather than /linux-rootfs verbatim)?

That way would permit using various Linux rootfs or installations one at a time rather than being married to one.

Tom