Re: Installing debian packages on netbsd?

"Patrick Pritchard" <outside%d26.net@localhost> writes:

> I’m interested in setting up a private cloud using Synology Drive.
> The desktop installer is an “Ubuntu (deb)” package — is there a way to
> install these in NetBSD?

NetBSD can run some (most?) Linux binaries, as Ottavio explained.

I have two suggestions:

  after installing the linux compat packages, chroot into /emul/linux
  and then run the dpkg tools.  first you might need to install them
  because the emulation is suse.

  Look at various linux compat packages in pkgsrc, and figure out how to
  turn the synology package into a pkgsrc package with linux binaries.