Re: Looking for java an android devs on netbsd environment

David Brownlee wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 15:27, John m0t <j0hnb%inbox.lv@localhost> wrote:
> >
> >  Hello;
> >
> > I am trying to set a full production system to do android and java development in NetBSD.
> >
> > Is anyone doing it right now or ever done it before?
> >
> > I need to know if these things work on netbsd:
> >
> > a. android studio
> >
> > b. adb bridge

I use adb between Android & FreeBSD current, & have done for a couple of years,
	https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/devel/android-tools-adb/
	http://www.berklix.com/android/#adb
as a shell & to move files.
Sorry I can't answer your other questions,
but Iook forward to reading replies & I'll link to eg
	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2020/04/06/msg024430.html
from my http://www.berklix.com/android/ is "Android - a BSD view"

> > c. eclipse
> >
> > d.intellij idea
> >
> > e. qt creator
> >
> > f. java (oracle java vs OpenJDK)(which version/versions? 1.8? 11?)
> >
> > any experience that you have is most most welcome and appreciated.
>
> I've been developing in Java under NetBSD for a while now. I use
> IntelliJ IDEA under pkgsrc/openjdk8. Building for various versions of
> wildfly. Previously also built for ancient Jboss versions and PhoneMe
> j2me under Windows CE (still have nightmares about that last one).
>
> Eclipse uses native bindings, so IIRC it needs the Linux jdk, which
> has issues due to some missing emulated syscalls (futex and one
> other).
>
> Native openjdk8 works pretty well but very occasionally seems to
> randomly fail - symptoms would be a request to fetch a page in browser
> fails, refreshing might fail another couple of times then work again.
>
> I've switched from a Thinkpad T430 to T480 and now seem to have some
> bizarre display interaction with IDEA where everything will just slow
> down massively until the process is restarted.
>
> Last I tried native openjdk11 did not seem to reliably run wildfly
> (all services start and backend processes fine, but no requests
> accepted).
>
> David

Cheers
--