Re: [netbsd-users] Re: Basic vt100 console "noisy"

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019, at 07:40, Rhialto wrote:
:
:
> If you have a serial terminal at hand, it is always fun to try. I
> operated a DEC Alpha with a serial console, even though it had display
> hardware.

I had a real Wyse terminal running in vt52 emulation mode as a console for a number of years until the power supply blew and I was quoted an outrageous price to replace it ...  while it was running it was awesome to have that in the corner of the room - with screen running it was as functional as a regular pseudo-terminal ...

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert