Re: Basic vt100 console "noisy"

On 2019-11-20 21:39, Clay Daniels wrote:
I'm having real trouble with my console window if I'm not running an X window. There is constant system "chatter" about devices and such that interupts what I'm trying to do. The worst problem is when I try to use vi and it interupts me in mid-line. I realize it may be my old machine, a 2014 HP Pavilion23 All-in-one. But I have allocated the whole disk to NetBSD, and would like to get it to work. I'm going to try a re-install, but will hold off to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to "quiet down" the console "chatter".

You might want to look at the syslogd configuration then? That might be one source of messages being printed.

  Johnny