Re: Basic vt100 console "noisy"

On 2019-11-20 23:20, Rhialto wrote:
On Wed 20 Nov 2019 at 21:44:56 +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
You might want to look at the syslogd configuration then? That might be one
source of messages being printed.

Furthermore, they are only printed to the first console. If you enable
more (ttyE[0-3] in /etc/ttys I think, and wscons=YES in /etc/rc.conf),
you can login on other consoles that are quiet.

Well, those are not even the console. They might appear on the same physical screen, but from the OS point of view, they are different terminals.

But yes, you have a good point there. Switch to another terminal, and you should also not be bothered by output to the console.

  Johnny