Basic vt100 console "noisy

Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 20:14:24 -0500
From: Jason Mitchell <jmitchel%bigjar.com@localhost>
To: Clay Daniels <clays.shell%SDF.ORG@localhost>
Subject: Re: Basic vt100 console "noisy"

I wanted to share what Jason sent me privately:

"Clay,

The extra tty's are accessible by Control-Alt-F2 through F4 if they're enabled (I think they are by default).

Jason M."

This is good information, which I did not know. I tried it with my older 2014 HP Pavilion that I'm trying to load NetBSD on, and this did not seem to work. However, I was having the same trouble with "noisy system messages" on my OpenBSD install on my new home-built Ryzen 7 3700x machine and it worked like MAGIC! Eliminated the noise entirely, and like he says there are three of these extra tty logins. CTL-ALT-F(1,2,OR 3)

What I think I need to do is find room on my new machine for NetBSD:-;