Re: Mailing list manager on NetBSD

Niels Dettenbach wrote in <2942379.yeRLTPdYb4@gongo>:
 |Am Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2019, 04:21:38 CET schrieb Mayuresh:
 |> - I do need a web archiver with thread view etc. (and ability to write
 |just enable "list archive" by click in mailman admin gui.
 |
 |>   text pattern searches of my own on the mail texts), for which there
 |>   might be alternatives that do just that - archiving. (E.g. HyperKitty
 |>   which mailman uses, which can be used standalone also.)
 |You may use grep or similiar on the archive files, but these are just raw.

That is surprisingly complicated if you want the correct order
however (due to the way date based names are used).  That is,
i could donate a simply AWK/Unix tools (thus line) based CGI
script which searches in the text archives of Mailman in case of
interest.  I call it brutesearch.sh.  It works pretty fine,
especially for Unix people who are used to linewise searching.
One thing i really dislike here is that you need to manually
adjust the HTML templates each and every time to include the
search form.  (Again there may be a mechanism which avoids that.)

 |There are many types of existing setups with some search / indexer \
 |software
 |to advance mailmans archive with search functionality.
 |
 |or just (if it's a public archive):
 |https://wiki.list.org/DOC/How%20do%20I%20make%20the%20archives%20searchable

Well, i am just saving MBOX in addition to the normal Mailman
"pipermail" text dump for archiving purposes (for hopefully
a better future), and use this simple shell script i have
mentioned for searching.  It works pretty well.  Just ask if you
want it.  It has no dependencies but awk, printf, find, sort and
xargs.  It can surely be improved too, but well.

--steffen