Re: High latency for IPv6 on netbsd-8

On 30/07/2018 15:38, Gua Chung Lim wrote:
So one of the changes in dhcpcd-7 was the default location of some
files, including the secret file which generates the SLAAC stable
private address. If you didn't change the location using postinstall(8)
before running dhcpcd it will have generated a new secret (and duid)
file which would result in different addresses being defined on the
interface. This could be an issue as well.
It seems likely. Please tell me the old and new file locations.

Old locations:
/etc/dhcpcd.duid
/etc/dhcpcd.secret

New locations:
/var/db/dhcpcd/duid
/var/db/dhcpcd/secret

You can add `nodhcp6` to dhcpcd.conf to disable DHCP6 entirely.
I have done it.
% tail -n 2 /etc/dhcpcd.conf
logfile /var/log/dhcpcd.log
nodhcp6
Now ping6 is usable even if DHCP6 is disabled entirely.

Does this imply that it's all now working for you?

So the only other think to check would be /etc/resolv.conf to see if it still lists the IPv6 DNS server. I suspect not as not many RA's carry RDNSS options.

Roy