Re: High latency for IPv6 on netbsd-8

    Date:        Tue, 31 Jul 2018 23:49:18 +0700
    From:        Gua Chung Lim <gua.chunglim%gmail.com@localhost>

  | So during office hours, I can't test NetBSD.

That's OK.

  | I have to find the other ways around.
  | I don't want bother you, indeed.
  | My time and yours should not match each other.

Actually, they do, I am UTC+0700 as well... couldn't be a better
match, it is just that I am often otherwise occupied for a while
during the evening - usually 18:00-21:00 or so are OK, and then
23:00 and beyond, and sometimes some of the time between.
(But that's this week - I do not live according to the clock, my times
cycle around...)

  | I may probably reinstall NetBSD 8.0 anew from dvd.

That is probably overkill - if you can do that without harming
anything, then it will not hurt to try, but I cannot see how it will
help either.   But anything is possible.

  | Since IPv4 has already exhausted in my area, the address given from my ISP is completely IPv6

That is good, it had to happen sometime.  Who is the ISP?

Actually, looks like AIS - I did not know they were supporting v6
already.

  | So the router has the real public IPv6 address.

OK, though I cannot ping it at the minute.

  | But my local network is still IPv4. But apparently, the router is v6 so each host in my
  | internal network also has its own IPv6 address assigned from the router.

That is what should happen.

  | It is a simple home network, the router is also acting dhcp server, switch and gateway.

Yes, that's fine - just making sure we get all of the correct info (avoid
guessing like before...)

  |  I thought that disabling DHCP6 would drop RS and refuse RA from the router.

No, and you would not want that, DHCPv6 and RA/RS (stateless autoconfig) are
two different ways of doing much the same thing.   DHCP requires a server,
whereas RA/RS needs only a router (and if you don't have one of those you
aren't connecting anywhere, so LL addresses are all that are needed).
On the other hand, DHCP allows more administrative control, and is able
to supply all kinds of other info that stateless autoconfig cannot (originally
all you could get from it was the prefix of the LAN, from which the host can
make its own address, and the router - more recently more stuff is being
added, but as Roy indicated,  that is not in use much yet - support is sparse.)

  | And I did wonder, even if it was dropped, ping6 occasionally worked.

The magic transition from not working to working is what needs solving.
Clearly everything is in place for it all to work - the potential is there - it
is just a matter of discovering what is happening that is causing it to fail
when it is failing.

  | % ls -1 /var/db/dhcpcd
  | duid
  | secret
  | vioif0.lease
  | vioif0.lease6
  | wm0.lease
  | wm0.lease6
  | wm1.lease

What are the vioif0 leases for?  Are those current, or old?
(I do not recall seeing any vioif interfaces in the ifconfig
output that you sent.)    If the files are old (mod time not recent)
then they are irrelevant, but if they are being updated then
they may be having some impact.

kre