Re: High latency for IPv6 on netbsd-8

    Date:        Sat, 28 Jul 2018 22:04:58 +0700
    From:        Gua Chung Lim <gua.chunglim%gmail.com@localhost>

  | > If there is some other LL IPv6 on your net it might
  | > be worth testing that one as well
  | I have only one IPv6 network.

Oh, somehow I skipped that part.   One network is OK, I meant some
other IPv6 host on that same LAN (the point was just to check that
neighbour discovery was working - and I no longer suspect any
issues there, so there is no need to bother with this, even if there
is some other host with a v6 addr that is local that you could ping.)

if it has one (not all routers do) you could try ping6 to the IPv6
(global) address of the router on theLAN that is connected to
your host.   That address would start 2405:9800:b550:2939:
(almost anything might come after that, including :1)

Since pings to the router LL address work, that would help
work out the problem.

Oh, how many other hosts are on this LAN?   (Regardless of
whether they support v6 or not.)   One possibility for the issue
might be if the router thinks the LAN link is down when your
host is down, and drops the announcement of the route from
its upstream (closer to the centre of the net).   Then it could
take some time for that to be reannounced after the link
comes back up (when your host boots).

kre