Re: booting from gpt/raid?

On 07/01/18 22:55, MLH wrote:
Things are generally going well but before I actually install a
system, one question I have is how to make the configuration
bootable.

Unfortunately, gpt-on-raid1-on-gpt is not bootable, as opposed to disklabel-on-RAID1-on-disklabel (which has size limitations).

The mbr boot code is able to account for disklabel-on-raid1, but not for gpt-on-raid1, see e.g. install/44982.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344