Re: hdaudio jack detection

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <cbd3ba2ede1c4d2cbf092710719e0c55%minux.hu@localhost>,
Fekete Zoltán  <fekete.zoltan%minux.hu@localhost> wrote:

I have created a device.hints for FreeBSD formerly, see here:
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/52244

And simply adapted that configuration to NetBSD.

I think I will work further, because mixerctl behaves odd after applying
the patch. The outputs.master channel is insensitive, however user apps,
like mplayer or firefox can set volume using the inputs.dac channel.
Besides I have not tested microphones yet.
So the solution is still not perfect. Working on...

Great, thanks! Perhaps we need a hints mechanism too :-)

See man hdaudioctl, particularly the get and set options.

--
Stephen