Re: Installing FF 52 from pkgsrc: "stable" version instead of nightly

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 06:19:55PM -0800, scole_mail wrote:
> Marco Beishuizen <mbeis%xs4all.nl@localhost> writes:
> >
> > It's on NetBSD/i386 7.0.2.
>
> I guess I've also been having that same issue on i386 for awhile.  The
> last stable version that worked for me was firefox-47.0.1 which was in
> pkgsrc-2016Q2 I believe.  So I've been using that version.

Possibly unrelated but was the cause of similar issues in the past:
things having stack unaligned on i386 only and needing -mstackrealign
(especially things with human-written asm, and a lot of video decoding
stuff like ffmpeg3 is like that).

I'm not sure if it's kind enough to let you know it's dying with SIGBUS.

I'd blindly apply -mstackrealign to everything to see if it helps (via
/etc/mk.conf)