Re: Installing FF 52 from pkgsrc: "stable" version instead of nightly

On 03/11, scole_mail wrote:
> Marco Beishuizen <mbeis%xs4all.nl@localhost> writes:
> >
> > It's on NetBSD/i386 7.0.2.
>
> I guess I've also been having that same issue on i386 for awhile.  The
> last stable version that worked for me was firefox-47.0.1 which was in
> pkgsrc-2016Q2 I believe.  So I've been using that version.

Do you actually use that version for everyday use?  According to [1],
there are many security vulnerabilities that have been fixed since
Firefox 47, and I would bet many of those vulnerabilities exist in
Firefox 47.  That's OK to you?

Regards,

Lewis

[1] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox/