Re: Problem with Intel WiFi card

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 10:20:57AM +0100, Rocky Hotas wrote:
> > Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 4:00 PM
> > From: "Christos Zoulas" <christos%astron.com@localhost>
> > To: netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost
> > Subject: Re: Problem with Intel WiFi card
> >
> [...]
> >
> > ppb is in /usr/src/sys/dev/pci/ppb.c. There is a ppbattach function there
> > and you can add the resources function in that file. The field names probably
> > don't match but there should be equivalent ones.
>
> I did as you suggested. Obviously it doesn't compile, but this was expected.
> First example: the struct `pci_attach_args' in NetBSD seems to miss the following members (from OpenBSD `/src/sys/dev/pci/pcivar.h'):
>
> struct extent	*pa_ioex;
> struct extent	*pa_memex;
> struct extent	*pa_pmemex;
> struct extent	*pa_busex;

This sounds like something that I was working on at one time.  Rather
than extents, I used vmem(9) arenas, but I think that I was trying to
accomplish the same thing.

I wanted to unify CardBus and PCI, CardBus just being PCI in a different
form-factor, and then add some stuff like PCI exception handling, and
(eventually) a little better protection from errant DMA.  CardBus always
has to dynamically allocate bus resources because you don't know what
card will be plugged in.

ISTR that I was able to make most CardBus attachments (dev? at cardbus?)
to PCI attachments (dev? at pci?) before I ran out of time to work on
the project.

I can probably scratch up the code, but it's probably bit-rotted, and I
don't know if I would carry on with the same project using C.  Swift in
the kernel, anyone?

Dave

--
David Young