Re: Problem with Intel WiFi card

On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 16:47:42 +0100, "Rocky Hotas" <rockyhotas%post.com@localhost>
wrote:

> > Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 3:10 PM
> > From: "Christos Zoulas" <christos%zoulas.com@localhost>
>
> > And it is the BIOS in the machine that does not configure the ppb bridge
> > properly, so nothing that sits behind will work.

> Your clarifications well explained the problem. Before writing here,
> I tried in any way to update the BIOS, but it seems that no newer
> versions are available for my laptop model (while other models may be
> updated instead).

After following this thread, I didn't see one particular item mentioed.
Does the affected machine's BIOS have a "Plug'n'Play OS" setting?  If
so, I have found that on such machines, it should be set to "No" for NetBSD.
Otherwise problems similar to the one described in this thread may arise.

I've also seen similar issues on a machine that had previously booted
Linux.  A subsequent boot of NetBSD would encounter similar problems,
usually with network hardware.  I suspect the same setting, if available,
will correct that although at the time our workaround was to reset to
BIOS defaults (or reset ESC data if the option is available).

Just my $0.02.