Re: Problem with Intel WiFi card

> Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 9:24 PM
> From: "John D. Baker" <jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost>
> To: "Rocky Hotas" <rockyhotas%post.com@localhost>
> Cc: netbsd-users%NetBSD.org@localhost
> Subject: Re: Problem with Intel WiFi card
>
> After following this thread, I didn't see one particular item mentioed. Does the affected machine's BIOS have a "Plug'n'Play OS" setting? If so, I have found that on such machines, it should be set to "No" for NetBSD.

Hi!
I checked all the BIOS entries and no, that setting is not present. If useful, I list here the ones I found instead:

Legacy USB Support
Core Multi-Processing
Execute-Disable Bit Capability       (I think it is related to the CPU)
Built-in LAN

Wake-up on Keyboard
Wake-up on LAN/WIreless LAN

Critical Battery Wake-up
Pointing Devices
Illumination LED
USB Sleep and CHarge
SATA Controller Mode

I don't find anything similar to your setting.

> Otherwise problems similar to the one described in this thread may arise.
> I've also seen similar issues on a machine that had previously booted Linux. A subsequent boot of NetBSD would encounter similar problems, usually with network hardware.

This machine had Linux before, but with the NetBSD installation I erased all the hard disk contents, so I don't think it matters what was the previous OS.

> I suspect the same setting, if available, will correct that although at the time our workaround was to reset to BIOS defaults (or reset ESC data if the option is available). Just my $0.02.

Sorry, what do you mean by "reset ESC data"? Being this BIOS maybe different than yours, I don't know if a reset to defaults would be useful.
Thank you for your mail!

Rocky