Re: Best way to receive netbsd.org list messages?

"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6725%twc.com@localhost> writes:

> from Dave Huang:
>
>> Gnus can do NNTP access very well.
>
> That unfortunately requires Emacs, which I found too difficult; I tried in both Linux and DOS.
>
> I find vi easier, and good even without a graphic interface.

I also use gnus with NNTP gmane, and haven't had any problems.  But I
have to admit the setup and learning curve is really steep.

If you are still searching for a NNTP newsreader, you might try
pkgsrc/news/pan.  It is an easy to use GUI and still pretty powerful.