Re: Best way to receive netbsd.org list messages?

> Update: I visited the support page, made changes, but still the same problem with mpop; I haven't tried msmtp on Yahoo server (outbound.att.net) since the problem started.

from Dave Huang:

> mpop only supports POP3, and I was suggesting that switching to IMAP might
> help with the "connection was closed unexpectedly" errors. Although that page
> lists shows inbound.att.net as the POP3 server, it's actually the same as the
> pop.att.yahoo.com server you were using. Both of those names are aliases for
> pop-sbc.mail.yahoo.com, so I wouldn't have expected switching to POP from
> inbound.att.net to make any difference.

> As for the spam filter, the web interface at https://mail.yahoo.com/ does have
> a "Filters" section in the Settings where I think you can whitelist addresses.
> Perhaps setting it to put messages that are To/CC @netbsd.org into your Inbox
> will work?

I didn't find any facility to whitelist addresses or domains, but I found an option to download everything including (alleged) spams.

But now I've set up under a different account at twc.com .

With netbsd.org emailing lists, I have to subscribe one at a time, and unsubscribe the old one at a time.

With freebsd.org emailing lists, I can switch to a different email address in one fell swoop.  I still get a confirmation message that I must respond to.

I see I can set up mutt to do NNTP as well as POP3 and SMTP.

Tom