Re: Best way to receive netbsd.org list messages?

On 2/5/2017 16:42, Thomas Mueller wrote:
I looked at that web page.  It looks like I could set up mutt for bellsouth.net .

But there is still the hyperactive spam filter, and there seems to be no way to configure or disable it.  Some legit messages from netbsd.org emailing lists go to the spam folder.

The current problem with Yahoo only started two or three days ago.

Update: I visited the support page, made changes, but still the same problem with mpop; I haven't tried msmtp on Yahoo server (outbound.att.net) since the problem started.

mpop only supports POP3, and I was suggesting that switching to IMAP might help with the "connection was closed unexpectedly" errors. Although that page lists shows inbound.att.net as the POP3 server, it's actually the same as the pop.att.yahoo.com server you were using. Both of those names are aliases for pop-sbc.mail.yahoo.com, so I wouldn't have expected switching to POP from inbound.att.net to make any difference.

As for the spam filter, the web interface at https://mail.yahoo.com/ does have a "Filters" section in the Settings where I think you can whitelist addresses. Perhaps setting it to put messages that are To/CC @netbsd.org into your Inbox will work?