Re: Best way to receive netbsd.org list messages?

On Feb 2, 2017, at 22:39, Thomas Mueller <mueller6723%twc.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject line may look strange, but I am having trouble with Yahoo email server, which includes bellsouth.net and att.net.

So I am looking to switch.

Do I do better to switch to another account @twc.com, aol.com or gmx.net, or use gmane with NNTP software?  There are NNTP packages for Linux, *BSD, Haiku, even DOS (let's not forget mutt).

I get messages like

$ mpop attyahoo3s
mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost at pop.att.yahoo.com:
new: 3 messages in 25.75 KiB, total: 4 messages in 72.38 KiB
retrieving message 2 of 4 (9.08 KiB): 100%
mpop: cannot read from TLS connection: the connection was closed unexpectedly
mpop: error during mail retrieval (account attyahoo3s from /home/arlene/.mpoprc)

Perhaps try switching to IMAP? According to https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/dsl-high-speed/KM1010523 , for both @bellsouth.net and @att.net addresses, the IMAP server is imap.mail.att.net.

You can use fetchmail on the NetBSD side to download the mail via IMAP. While I no longer use AT&T/Yahoo's email, I did use it two or three years ago, and didn't have any problems with fetchmail+IMAP.
--
Name: Dave Huang         |  Mammal, mammal / their names are called /
INet: khym%azeotrope.org@localhost |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /