Re: Best way to receive netbsd.org list messages?

Thomas Mueller <mueller6723%twc.com@localhost> wrote:

> Do I do better to [...] use gmane with NNTP software?  There are
> NNTP packages for Linux, *BSD, Haiku, even DOS (let's not forget
> mutt).
[...]
> ... but somebody might be able to say how they fare with gmane.

> I've been using gmane nntp for a long time now to read a lot of netbsd
> (and not only) mailing lists and I'm quite happy with it.

> The important part of the setup for me is that news/tin can cache
> overviews.  That speeds things up *a lot*.  Over the years I've tried
> to look at other newsreaders, but the delay of entering a group is
> simply unbearable.  I guess I'm stuck with tin, but I'm sort of gotten
> used to in the past 25 years anyway.

> -uwe

Now it looks like gmane is nonfunctional or at least very undependable.

I visited their website, also tried to browse messages from the news link on
http://www.netbsd.org/mailinglists/ ,
got blank pages.

So I will have to use a different (non-Yahoo) email address instead of mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost .

Tom