Re: NetBSD 7.02 on APU2 PcEngines

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 08:17:22PM +0000, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 07:44:17PM +0100, 76nemo76%gmx.ch@localhost wrote:
> > XHCI init on dev 00:10.0: regs @ 0xfeb22000, 4 ports, 32 slots, 32 byte contexts
> > XHCI    extcap 0x1 @ feb22500
> > XHCI    protocol USB  3.00, 2 ports (offset 1), def 0
> > XHCI    protocol USB  2.00, 2 ports (offset 3), def 10
> > XHCI    extcap 0xa @ feb22540
>
> > boot device: <unknown>
> > root device:
>
> I've had the same from a lack of support for xhci on netbsd-7. current should work..
> there are workarounds, but I'm not they'd be available on coreboot. I believe what I used was disabling EHCI handoff and ACPI. undesirable, but it is a desktop and I was using USB for input.
> Since this is not a desktop, I imagine you don't need USB to work super well (it might work a little) after the install, so you can use a netbsd-current installer and unpack just netbsd-7 stuff. you acn also mix: current kernel & older userland, etc. if you wish.

Thanks for the info. By putting a SD card in a virtual machine (as the main disk), I was able
to install the full NetBSD distribution. The only small problem was the name of
devices ("ld0" on the APU, "sd0" on VM). After changing the name of device
in "/etc/fstab", the APU boots NetBSD flawlessly.

I will now install manually a minimal NetBSD on the internal disk to build a router
with NPF.

best regards,

Alan