Re: Proxy server, mode intercept on NetBSD 7.0.1

This has me a little worried.  ipfilter has served me well for a long
time and I planned to continue using it.  Comments from christos and
dholland seem to indicate that only npf has a future.  So many
questions...

Is ipf going to be removed in a future release?  Did npf launch because
ipf was abandoned by its author? (or the other way around?)  Will npf
eventually replicate all the features of ipf and/or pf?

My impression of npf is that it scales much better as a firewall, but
lacks the NAT and traffic shaping features I use at home.  Is this out
of date?