Re: Gigabyte GX-BXBT-1900

On October 6, 2015 6:26:15 AM EDT, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 08:47:27PM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
>> pckbc: cmd word write error
>
>Yes, exactly. Your firmware emulates a PC kbd controller. On sane
>machines
>there is an option to turn that emulation off in the firmware setup.
>
>If there isn't, you need to build a GENERIC kernel that does not have
>the pckbc driver.
>
>Martin

If the keyboard works during the initial part of the boot, I believe it should be possible to disable it without building a new kernel, using userconf(4).  Although I haven't tried it, the steps are probably along the lines of:
1 - interrupt boot loader
2 - "boot -c"
3 - in userconf, "disable pckbc"
4 - "exit"