Re: Running /etc/rc.d/nfsd onestart complains about $mountd not enabled

On 07/18/15 20:35, Greg Troxel wrote:
"William A. Mahaffey III" <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> writes:

Having messed around w/ this in the last *48 hrs* you need rpcbind &
mounted both running. You will need to add lines in rc.conf as someone
else suggested, & unless you then do a reboot, you will need to
manually start rpcbind & then mountd, & then nfsd. You should be good
to go then, I was. YMMV & all that rot. BTW:
This is why I said to set those variables in rc.conf and REBOOT, but I
forgot to shout, which was perhaps a mistake, because apparently
rebooting was perceived as optional.

Yes, I know that someone who really knows what they are doing could
avoid the reboot.  But typically peopple asking for help are not so
expert.....

As I wasn't a few days ago (not that I am now, BTW), that's why I emphasized the manual restart of services (in order) *OR* reboot. He could be in some situation where rebooting would be undesirable .... Who knows ?

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.