Re: Running /etc/rc.d/nfsd onestart complains about $mountd not enabled

On 07/18/15 14:42, Adrian Christiansen wrote:
Hi!

Just noticed this running 7.0_RC1:
# /etc/rc.d/nfsd onestart
/etc/rc.d/nfsd: WARNING: $mountd is not enabled.
This warning is from required_vars="mountd rpcbind", switching places
gives a waring about $rpcbind instead.

I guess the "one" option only ignores looking in rc.conf for the daemon called?

Forcestart always works but doesn't seem like the proper way it should
be done. I'd like to know more about this since I'm probably doing
something bad/wrong.

Cheers!,
Adrian.

Having messed around w/ this in the last *48 hrs* you need rpcbind & mounted both running. You will need to add lines in rc.conf as someone else suggested, & unless you then do a reboot, you will need to manually start rpcbind & then mountd, & then nfsd. You should be good to go then, I was. YMMV & all that rot. BTW:

[wam@4256EE1, ~, 4:54:34pm] 249 % uname -a
NetBSD 4256EE1.CFD.COM 6.1.5 NetBSD 6.1.5 (GENERIC) amd64
[wam@4256EE1, ~, 4:54:36pm] 250 %

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."