Re: more pilot error

On 07/16/15 19:56, Brett Lymn wrote:
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 08:08:20AM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
Hmmmmm .... OK, I manually started rpcbind & it started up fine, then
nfsd & it started up fine. I am new to NetBSD, didn't know I had to
separately, explicitly start rpcbind, I thought the nfsd start process
would do that. Live & learn. Did I mention I am a *noob* to NetBSD :-) ?
Thanks, I seem to be past this issue.

Everyone starts off somewhere.  Your assumption is not unreasonable, it
doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have nfsd start without rpcbind
running.  We probably should ensure rpcbind is running in the nfsd rc
script.  I can see there is a dependency there but I don't think
anything actually ensures it is running.  I guess because the assumption
is that the dependencies on boot would have started it beforehand.

Anyway, glad you are over that hurdle.

Yep, absolutely correct, everything would be AOK on boot, but it is nice to be able to restart services on the fly relatively simply, which is what I was expecting. Like I said, live & learn. No problema :-) ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.