Re: more pilot error

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 07:48:41PM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> On 07/15/15 17:00, Greg Troxel wrote:
> >rpcbind is used to translate service names to ports.  Why do you not
> >want to run it?  Before anything else, turn it on and reboot and only
> >when it works with try without.
>
> Very well, I enabled it in my rc.conf file & did a 'rc.d/nfsd start' & I
> now get the following line in my messages file:
>
> Jul 15 19:30:12 4256EE1 nfsd[981]: can't register with udp portmap
>
> The man page is mum about this, as (mostly) is Google. Any help appreciated.

This is what I have in my rc.conf, nfs works fine:

# NFS daemons and parameters.
#
rpcbind=YES
mountd=YES              mountd_flags=""         # NFS mount requests
daemon
nfs_client=YES                                  # enable client daemons
nfs_server=YES                                  # enable server daemons
                        nfsd_flags="-6tun 4"

you probably don't need the client daemons.  If it still doesn't work,
post up an output from rpcinfo.

--
Brett Lymn