Re: more pilot error

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 08:08:20AM -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> Hmmmmm .... OK, I manually started rpcbind & it started up fine, then
> nfsd & it started up fine. I am new to NetBSD, didn't know I had to
> separately, explicitly start rpcbind, I thought the nfsd start process
> would do that. Live & learn. Did I mention I am a *noob* to NetBSD :-) ?
> Thanks, I seem to be past this issue.

Everyone starts off somewhere.  Your assumption is not unreasonable, it
doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have nfsd start without rpcbind
running.  We probably should ensure rpcbind is running in the nfsd rc
script.  I can see there is a dependency there but I don't think
anything actually ensures it is running.  I guess because the assumption
is that the dependencies on boot would have started it beforehand.

Anyway, glad you are over that hurdle.

--
Brett Lymn