Re: Minor setup issues

On Jul 15, 2015, at 12:11 PM, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

I now login to root by su, rather than directly at the console. When I do, none of my aliases get set & filename completion using the tab key doesn't work. This isn't huge, but is irritating.

To get a login shell do, su -l
Also, if ssh'ing from remote to a user, just to su, then 'exec su - l', can be useful. Historically, it was 'su -'. sometimes said, "sue dash"

I'd consider unsetting ENV, in your profile ( and everywhere, actually ).