Minor setup issues

.... I have my shiny new NetBSD 6.1.5 server up & running, all RAID devices working AOK, several reboots completed, swap configured, etc. All is well except for a few pilot errors. Following recommendations I now login to root by su, rather than directly at the console. When I do, none of my aliases get set & filename completion using the tab key doesn't work. This isn't huge, but is irritating. All is well logging in at the console, although the screen is limited to 80 chars/line & 25 lines, which restricts what you can see in crowded directories. I am ssh-ing in as my regular user, BTW, that probably makes a difference. When fully operational, there will be no kbd/mouse/monitor hooked up, so I do need to get this either fixed or understood. TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.