Re: USB-keyboard with a non-standard layout in wscons

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 07:37:37AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 08:24:42PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > Do you really have 2 keyboards attached? Because the pckbd0 is, AFAIU,
> > the PS2 attached one.
>
> Sometimes the BIOS emulates a "pckbd" from the USB attached one for legacy
> operating systems.
>
> Try turning that emulation off in the BIOS setup screen.

But in this case, it would be better to recompile a kernel specifying
to detect the leaf devices (here the keyboard) in order to have a
keyboard during the boot sequence (with an USB attached keyboard,
I had various problems with no keyboard available during boot time;
and the necessity to disconnect and reconnect the USB keyboard,
that was, then, not correctly mapped, whether by wscons or the
kernel config, that is even not an ASCII mapping when I use an
AZERTY keyboard, but a pure chaos with no ability to login since
some "letters" were even not mapped (for example the 'o' nowhere
on the keyboard making it a "little" difficult to login as root to
try to solve something...).

For me, USB is the acronym of Universal Serial Bother.
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/