Re: USB-keyboard with a non-standard layout in wscons

Hello,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 08:10:05PM +0200, Hans dinsen-hansen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 6:16 PM,  <tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > From usb(4), you could try to compile a kernel with setting the flags
> > '1' to force detection of the USB keyboard on boot :
> >
> > usb* at ehci? flags 1
> > usb* at ohci? flags 1
> > usb* at uhci? flags 1
> > [...]
> I have looked into  my dmesg, and found the following:
>   ... <snip> ...
> pckbc1 at acpi0 (PSKE, PNP0303) (kbd port): io 0x60,0x64 irq 1
>   ... <snip> ...
> pckbd0 at pckbc1 (kbd slot)
> pckbc1: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
>   ... <snip> ...
> wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
> wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
> wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
>   ... <snip> ...
> Could it be that my wsconsctl command touched the non-exixting
> wskbd0 and thus made the whole thing die?  I have not noticed
> the first couple of messages, as there is nowhere to plug an old
> fashioned keyboard in.

Do you really have 2 keyboards attached? Because the pckbd0 is, AFAIU,
the PS2 attached one.

When the keyboard was not attached to the PS2 (via a USB/PS2 converter),
wsconsctl, in my experience, was "mapping" the inexistent pkckb and not
the real USB one.

But I hope someone with more knowledge of the wscons framework will be
able to enlighten the way the things go.

In the mean time, I think that you could try to recompile a kernel with
the "flags 1" for the usb entries, just to be sure.

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                     http://www.arts-po.fr/