Re: NetBSD for the dekstop

On 02/18/15 15:06, Jaap Boender wrote:
On Tuesday 17 February 2015 21:47:53 Dave Tyson wrote:
On 17 February 2015 at 13:24, Mayuresh
<mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 01:29:11PM +0100, Stephan wrote:
Is there anyone still interested in bringing NetBSD to the
I would like to move to a more recent current or 7, but I cannot get
any
recent KDE4 in pkgsrc current to even start-up properly, never mind
run. I
have had a lot of challenges with the DRM2 stuff on 32 bit/64 bit
systems
and laptops - it basically doesn't work with crashes or hangs on boot.
KDE4 runs reasonably well for me - this is on NetBSD 7 with DRM2
enabled on an amd64. It runs more or less out of the box - the only
thing I always need to do is to drastically increase the number of
allowed open files after installing.

best,

   Jaap

Hi Jaap,

thanks for the info. Guess its time to have another go! What
video card are you using?

I usually up the file descriptors to 2048 as I have been bitten
by this in the past...

Cheers,
Dave

Phone: 07805784357