Re: NetBSD for the dekstop

Re: wifi GUI, does wicd work? Requires Python and GTK (sadly), but worked fine when I did Linux From Scratch.

Re: using NetBSD on a desktop, I have two (three) basic requirements for using an OS/GUI environment for desktop:
1. Can I watch cat videos using the environment?
2. Can I watch cat videos in it while also being able to work on a document in a text editor in another process without task swapping? 2a. Does driver support exist so I'm not using 1024x768 on a 1600x900 screen?

I don't know if NetBSD satisfies 1. and 2., b/c 6.1.4 stable doesn't satisfy 2a. :P At this point, I think only 7 satisfies 2a. w/ the Intel driver, but I have yet to test. I will have to check to see if 7 passes my stringent criteria. :)

Can anyone else verify that NetBSD 7 passes all two (three) criteria?

Sincerely,

--
William D. Jones