Re: NetBSD for the dekstop

<mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 01:29:11PM +0100, Stephan wrote:
> >> Is there anyone still interested in bringing NetBSD to the
> I would like to move to a more recent current or 7, but I cannot get
any
> recent KDE4 in pkgsrc current to even start-up properly, never mind
run. I
> have had a lot of challenges with the DRM2 stuff on 32 bit/64 bit
systems
> and laptops - it basically doesn't work with crashes or hangs on boot.

KDE4 runs reasonably well for me - this is on NetBSD 7 with DRM2
enabled on an amd64. It runs more or less out of the box - the only
thing I always need to do is to drastically increase the number of
allowed open files after installing.

best,

  Jaap

--
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that in emergencies."