Re: NetBSD for the dekstop

On 18/02/2015 17:42, Dave Tyson wrote:
Hi Jaap,

thanks for the info. Guess its time to have another go! What
video card are you using?

Under 7, it's an Intel Ivy Bridge, which works all right (if you use AccelMethod "SNA" - see the 7.0_BETA on Ivy Bridge thread on tech-x11 about a month ago); I've also got some Radeons working, but that's under -current.

I usually up the file descriptors to 2048 as I have been bitten
by this in the past...

Yeah, exactly. I usually go for 8192 just to be on the safe side; on a recent session, where admittedly I was also doing some compilation I had something like 4400 descriptors open.

best,

  Jaap

--
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that in emergencies.