Re: Installation fails because of 2 CD drives

Hi,

> Yes: boot -a

Ok. I pressed "4" in the boot loader menu and got to
the boot prompt.

Input "boot -a" leads to the same situation as with empty tray
in the cd0 drive at SATA. The kernel boots a while, reports
about wd0 (a SATA disk), cd0 (SATA DVD), cd1 (ATAPI DVD), and
cd2 (Sandisk U3 emulated CD-ROM). (Probably there is also a sd0
of the Sandisk memory stick personality. I forgot to check.)

It complains about the empty tray of cd0, before i see a
prompt for a device address.

Finally i get asked the question with default cd0a, but my
PS2 keybord seems to have no influence on the system.

So is there any chance to give "cd1a" already with the "boot"
command ?

(I am really reluctant to open the box and pull the SATA cable.
 Address cd2 of the emulated CD-ROM gives hope, though, that
 this could work.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas