Re: Make USB/SCSI delay to avoid timeouts?

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 09:16:07PM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> from my original post:
>
> > So the problem is with a wifi adapter. It has nothing to do with SCSI.
>
> You apparently misinterpreted my message; maybe I was not specific enough.
>
> USB wifi adapter, Hiro H50191, driver rsu in FreeBSD 10.0-prerelease and
> 11-HEAD, is not supported in NetBSD at all, unless support was added in the
> past few days.
>
> Problems with USB device timeouts in NetBSD relate to USB sticks, keyboard
> and mouse.
>
> USB support uses SCSI subsystem; I no longer have any actual SCSI devices.

No, only USB mass devices using SCSI emulation use the SCSI subsystems.
If your timeout is for something that is not a USB mass device, then
the timeout has nothing to do with SCSI.
Even if it's with a USB mass devices I suspect the timeout is an issue
in the usb stack, not the scsi subsystem.

> Since an update of NetBSD-current amd64 USB-stick installation rendered it
> nonbootable, and NetBSD-current i386 was also nonbootable, and interesting
> things are happening with FreeBSD 10.0-prerelease and 11-HEAD, I've had
> timeout from NetBSD.
>
> I could possibly try to rebuild from USB-stick installation of NetBSD
> 6.1_STABLE amd64 or i386, or cross-compile from FreeBSD.
>
> But there is too much to do for FreeBSD and Linux.

now I don't understand at all what your problem is.