Make USB/SCSI delay to avoid timeouts?

Is there a way to enforce a delay in probing USB or SCSI in NetBSD, to possibly
avert timeouts/disconnects?

In FreeBSD, there is a tunable loader parameter.

In /boot/defaults/loader.conf, there is a line showing the default (FreeBSD)

#kern.cam.scsi_delay="2000"     # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI

Not many computer users actually have SCSI these days, but USB uses SCSI
subsystem.

This 2000 milliseconds can be set higher, like 13000, and has helped me in
FreeBSD.

How can I achieve this effect in NetBSD?

Tom