Re: Make USB/SCSI delay to avoid timeouts?

On 13 January 2014 14:35, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:
>> How is that for an evasive answer?
>
> Not so good, actually.  Unless one is an insane person desperately
> seeking a way to feel offended-against.

OMG, can we please bring the topic back to some sort of sanity?

I'm not on Ntebsd right now, but I remember checking on (sd) driver
man page and no mention about boot timeout options. However there is a
"SD_IO_TIMEOUT" option but that's about r/w to disk:
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?sd+4+NetBSD-current

I'm still new to Netbsd and I can't speak of Freebsd, but my
understanding is that the difference between Linux and Netbsd with
regards to scsi disks is that on Linux the device is already
configured in the kernel, therefore a certain delay is needed at boot
time, while on Netbsd the configuration of the device happens
on-the-go, so to speak. In my case (I boot the systen from a usb flash
drive) it takes about 4-5 seconds to have the device fully configured.

But I have most likely missed the point.

--
Ottavio