Re: Various size of (Project) ideas for NetBSD and pkgsrc

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 10:09:53AM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
> (5) Add XFS support to NetBSD
> I have heard Red Hat Enterprise Linux will use XFS as standard filesystem.

I very doubt that. Based on the experience in my previous job XFS doesn't
work particular well. It has bug which lock up your system (and Red Hat
took a look time to integrate the fixes into the RHEL 6 kernel) and it
doesn't perform very well under certain work loads.

> Accessing Linux's filesystem is useful and important feature.

The long hanging fruit would be to improve NetBSD's ext2 support to
include ext3 support. The next target should probably be ext4 because
that is the bread and butter file-system at the moment.

> (9) Add Microsoft's Hyper-V support to NetBSD
> There is two types of Hyper-V, Windows Server 2012's Hyper-V
> and Windows Server 2012R2's Hyper-V.

NetBSD should just work under HyperV. But having para-virtualised
drivers would help performance.

> (21) Enable Firefox's WebRTC support
> Something is wrong and I cannot enable Firefox's WebRTC support.
> Problem is in SCTP (what is it?) code and libxul.so linking.

SCTP is a layer 4 network protocol like TCP or UDP.

        Kind regards